2. Cultivate and reward creativity.
Everyone is part of the value chain of creativity. Creativity can
happen at anytime, anywhere, and it’s happening in your community right
now. Pay attention.
3. Embrace diversity. It gives birth to creativity, innovation, and positive economic impact. People of different backgrounds and experiences contribute a diversity of ideas, expressions, talents, and perspectives that enrich communities. This is how ideas flourish and build vital communities.
4. Nurture the creatives. Support the connectors. Collaborate to compete in a new way and get everyone in the game.
5. Value risk-taking. Convert a “no” climate into a “yes” climate. Invest in opportunity-making, not just problem-solving. Tap into the creative talent, technology, and energy for your community. Challenge conventional wisdom.
6. Be authentic. Identify the value you add and focus on those assets where you can be unique. Dare to be different, not simply the look-alike of another community. Resist monoculture and homogeneity. Every community can be the right community.
7. Invest in and build on quality of place. While inherited features such as climate, natural resources, and population are important, other critical features such as arts and culture, open and green spaces, vibrant downtowns, and centers of learning can be built and strengthened. This will make communities more competitive than ever because it will create more opportunities than ever for ideas to have an impact.
8. Remove barriers to creativity, such as mediocrity, intolerance, disconnectedness, sprawl, poverty, bad schools, exclusivity, and social and environmental degradation.
9. Take responsibility for change in your community. Improvise. Make things happen. Development is a “do-it-yourself” enterprise.
About | Mission | Contact
© INVEST CREATIVE, LLC explores, invests in, and creates creative companies. Fine print no one ever reads pertaining to legalities, privacy, terms, and conditions.